My Dear Earthlings,
I had to do it. You have been on a collision course for a very long time. I have sent you warnings, signs, and major wake-up calls to get your attention, but to no avail. You seem to be totally focused on consumption, greed, and disregard for each other and me.
In the recent past, I have sent you earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, wildfires, hurricanes, cyclones, tornadoes, landslides, mudslides, windstorms, droughts, floods, monsoons, tsunamis, heat waves, typhoons, etc. In fact, from 1990 to 2020, I have been relentlessly attempting to get your attention to wake-up to what you are doing to each other and to me, your Mother Earth. I will explain since you seem to relate to numbers, especially in terms of the currency you created. These warnings to you have cost you $40 billion and I was still unsuccessful in actually getting your attention to change your ways. Since you are perpetually on your human-made computer-phone devices, check my facts on your Internet: https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/eye-of-the-storm/earths-40-billion-dollar-weather-disasters-of-2019-4th-most-billion-dollar-events-on-record/
Let me explain in case you still don’t get what I am trying to tell you…
1. You consistently ignore the global warming/climate change warnings I have been sending. Your focus is on producing and consuming. This is not new news. On Feb. 2, 2007, the United Nations scientific panel that studied climate change declared that the evidence of a warming trend was “unequivocal,” and that human activity has been the driving force in that change over the last 50 years! Carbon emissions C02 from the overuse of fossil fuels have made the PM2.5 unbeatable! In fact, You have polluted the sky so relentlessly that the smog blocked out the blue color so that it looked permanently brown in many places, you couldn’t even see the Himalayas! The hole in the ozone (UVI Index) has been so damaged that it creates radiation at the Earth (my) surface damages skin and eyes.
2. You have polluted the ocean, destroyed the coral reefs, and made our beautiful seas into your trash bin. Plastic pollution seeps into the ocean through run-off and even purposeful dumping. The amount of plastic in the Atlantic Ocean has tripled since the 1960s. The garbage patch floating in the Pacific Ocean, almost 620,000 square miles—twice the size of Texas—is a powerful image of our plastic problem. Just look online if you don’t believe me: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/oceans/critical-issues-marine-pollution/
3. Regarding biodiversity, you endanger hundreds of animal species; between 10,000 and 100,000 species become extinct each year!
4. You have indiscriminately dumped huge amounts of chemicals into our rivers, streams, and lakes so that the water is undrinkable and is causing birth defects, malignant tumors, and devastating communities.
5. The materialism that you are addicted to is completely unsustainable…and why do you need to collect and hoard all of those shoes, clothes, tech gadgets, and random items that glut your homes and offices
6. So many of your corporations demonstrate an addiction to constantly improving their quarterly results; this is not only unstainable, but it is also damaging to the health of the employees, their human psyche causing stress and other emotional and physical ailments. Why do you consistently resist the lesson that people (human capital) is more important than the stock price?
7. Your health is completely at risk. You don’t even notice what you put into your bodies in terms of junk food, smoke inhalation, and poisonous drugs.
8. Terrorism has become so normalized that you simply take it for granted as a part of life. You are killing each other for a variety of reasons.
9. Your children are murdering each other and it happens so frequently that you have become desensitized.
10. G5 or Electro-Magnetic Frequency (EMF) is causing silent, secret cancers.
Your world of material greed, unconscious behavior, and conspicuous consumption are totally unsustainable!
Let me be perfectly clear…since I couldn’t get your attention any other way, I have sent this virus to unite you as human beings, to wake you up to treat each other with dignity and kindness, and to live in harmony and respect for me, your Mother, the Earth.
If you get the lessons NOW, then you can choose to change your ways, and start to live respectfully, in harmony, and peacefully with each other and me, your Mother and home planet. This virus is intended to get everyone’s attention and to get you all to stop blaming each other and to start cooperating and healing me, your Mother Earth who you have been unconsciously destroying day-by-day.
It may be too late for many of you who are stubborn, self-serving, and preoccupied with personal gain (like many politicians). For the rest of you, please consider this your last “Wake-up” call to change your attitudes, behaviors, and your values.
I know this is a strong dose of “Tough Love” from your Earth Mother, but there was no other way to sound the wake-up alarm.
For your sake, for my sake, for all of our sake…please heed the warning and do what you need to do.
Your Mother Earth,